Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. I personally use and love all items that I recommend!
I love a simple pancake recipe. We started making 3-ingredient banana pancakes as soon as my daughter was introduced to egg as a baby. My 3-ingredient banana pancake recipe uses gluten-free rolled oats as one of the ingredients. Now that my husband and I eat less grains, I needed a grain-free option! Thus, 4-ingredient Paleo Pancakes were born!
Almond flour is a fairly new ingredient to me, but now that I am familiar with it I try to use it for everything!
You can substitute another oil for the pan, but I highly recommend unrefined coconut oil for a slight coconut taste.
4-Ingredient Paleo Pancakes
- 1 banana ripe
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1/2 cup blueberries or other fruit fresh or frozen
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- maple syrup or sweetener
- 1 handful spinach chopped
- Mash banana. Combine with almond milk and egg. Whisk until well combined. (You can also toss all ingredients into a blender to mix!)
- Stir in almond flour.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add half of the coconut oil.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides and cooked throughout. Don’t crowd them in the skillet. I usually can make them in two batches on a 12-inch skillet.