Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. I personally use and love all items that I recommend!
I created these simple Apple Sage Breakfast Patties during my first Whole30. After eating eggs and bacon almost every morning, I needed a different protein to add to my meal plan. I used only ingredients that I usually keep on hand and the apple adds some extra fiber and nutrients to the meal, which I love!
I love using our cast-iron skillet to cook these patties! Something about the seasoned skillet just gives it the perfect flavor. After making these, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to premade breakfast patties. Make a big batch and keep them in an airtight container in your freezer!
Apple Sage Breakfast Patties
- 1 lb ground meat I prefer turkey or beef
- 1 medium apple peeled and shredded
- 1 tsp Ground sage
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil divided
- In large bowl, combine ground meat, shredded apple, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Form into desired amount of small patties and set aside (I usually make about 8-10 patties).
- Heat large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Once oil is heated, carefully add patties to the skillet without overcrowding (I cook them in two batches).
- Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes each side until cooked through and slightly browned on the outside. Make sure the temperature isn’t set too high so they don’t burn.
Serve Apple Sage Breakfast Patties over sauteed kale with garlic and topped with avocado. These would also make delicious breakfast sandwiches on english muffins!
I love stocking up on ground turkey or grass-fed beef when it goes on sale and these are perfect to make in big batches and freeze for later!
Don’t forget to sign up for my email list so you can receive my weekly meal plans in your inbox! I include simple recipes like this one!