Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. I personally use and love all items that I recommend!
This Beef Enchilada Hash Brown Casserole is filling and super easy to make. Grass Fed Ground Beef was on sale at the store this week so I stocked up! Ground meat is perfect for buying in bulk. Simply split it up and freeze it until ready to use.
Check your local ads and grocers for deals going on. Sprouts has one of my favorite grocery apps and website. You can browse their ad, check prices, and add items to your grocery list. They also offer coupons to add to your account.
I made 2lbs worth with taco seasoning so was looking for a new recipe to try out. The first half I ate as a taco salad with a simple lime vinaigrette. I decided to use the other half for a breakfast style dish.
My Whole30 Week 1 Meal Plan included a Paleo Breakfast Casserole by Paleo Running Momma. It used nutritional yeast to add a cheese flavor so I decided to use the “sauce” mix from that recipe and create an enchilada style bake. I had frozen hash browns and riced broccoli in my freezer so used them for the vegetable base.
Feel free to try different vegetables for your base. Sweet potato hash browns, bell peppers, onions, brussel sprouts would all be awesome additions. Serve it up with some fresh avocado and some shredded lettuce if you like!
This dish works great for any meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner! Make a big batch and freeze it to eat throughout your Whole30.
Beef Enchilada Hash Brown Casserole (Paleo, Whole30)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 16 oz shredded hash browns frozen
- 12 oz riced broccoli frozen
- 1 lb ground beef grass-fed preferred
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk canned
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- avocado sliced
- black olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat 9×13 casserole dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Mix ingredients for homemade taco seasoning and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add frozen hash browns and cook according to package until golden brown. Add to bottom of casserole dish.
- Cook riced broccoli according to package until softened. Layer on top of hash browns in casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef in skillet until cooked through. Add homemade taco seasoning and salsa. Stir until well incorporated. Add ground beef to casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, and nutritional yeast. Pour over all ingredients in casserole dish. Top with black olives if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are cooked and edges begin to brown.
- Let cool and serve! This can also be kept in the fridge or frozen to eat at a later time!
I love seeing your recreate my recipes! Make sure to tag me in your pictures and use the hashtag #simplehappymama so I can follow along!
Check out my other Whole30 Resources: