Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. I personally use and love all items that I recommend!
Breakfast is usually a struggle for me. My daughter likes to eat as soon as she wakes up, before a sip of coffee has even touched my lips! Easy breakfasts are a must around here! (I also delegate breakfast to my husband so I can sip my coffee in peace… #momhack).
My almost two year old has recently been on an egg strike. We can easily fall into the habit of only giving her items that she likes, so I have to constantly remind myself to put them on her plate. I’d like to encourage you to do the same! I’m all for dry cereal and frozen waffles, but try to keep a good rotation going so that’s not the only items your kids will eat. (Avery would eat a dozen bananas every morning if I let her!)
As I mentioned before, breakfast doesn’t always have to be some extravagant meal. Here are some of the simple items that I like to keep on hand so my mornings go more smoothly!
- Frozen fruit
- Rolled Oats and Steel Cut Oats
- Spinach or Kale: Toss it in anything you can! Pancakes, muffins, eggs, or smoothies. I love a veggie boost first thing in the morning
- Ground Flaxseed: This is another one that I like to add to everything!
- Yogurt: Under two, stick to full fat whole milk yogurt. Preferablly plain with no added sugars. If you kiddo isn’t a fan, try adding in fresh or frozen fruit or even a berry compote.
- Cereal: Let’s be real, everyone needs a good cereal on hand. I usually use ours to buy myself some time while making the main course. Serve it up with some tongs or a spoon for some sorting fun (and extra time in the kitchen!)
- Meats: Turkey bacon, chicken sausage, hot dogs, sausage patties, ground sausage. There are tons of options!
- Almond butter & Jelly: toppings for toast, waffles, crepes, or mix into smoothies & yogurt!
Easy Breakfast Ideas
Blueberry Steel Cut Oatmeal Pucks (Freezer Friendly!)
Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal (Freezer Friendly!)
Yogurt with fruit and granola or hemp hearts
Peanut Butter & Banana Crepes
Raisin bread with fresh fruit and yogurt
English Muffin with Peanut Butter and Jelly
Here are some of our favorite muffin recipes!
Almond Butter and Jelly Muffins by Running with Spoons
Healthy Blueberry Muffins by Well Plated
Whole Grain Hulk Muffins by Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Whole-Wheat Carrot Applesauce Muffins by 100 Days of Real Food
Eggs and More!
Egg and Cheese Quesadilla
Broccoli Egg Cups by The Natural Nuturer
Ham and Cheese Croissants