Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. I personally use and love all items that I recommend!
Plain cauliflower rice might not be the tastiest side dish out there, but this Mexican Cauliflower Rice packs an extra flavorful punch. It is a great option if you are low carb or grain free.
When making this, use a large non-stick pan. This t-fal is my current favorite! I also started using avocado oil for my cooking oil since it has a higher heat point than most other oils, including olive oil.
If you plan to “rice” the cauliflower yourself, make sure it is completely dry and use a high quality food processor. I use my Blendtec blender sometimes and just lightly pulse small amounts until they are the desired consistency.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado or olive oil for cooking
- 12 ounces of riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of Fired Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add riced cauliflower, diced tomatoes, and garlic. Cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and heat on medium for another 3 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
The Cauliflower Rice goes great with these Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Chicken Burgers and Guacamole! This was one of my go-to meals during my Whole30. You can check out my Whole30 meal plans, tips, and resources here!